December 4, 2023
Date: December 4 – 5, 2023 Time: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Fee: Php 11,500.00 – Member + 12% VAT | Php 13,500.00 – Non Member + 12% VAT
Inclusions: Training certificate, printed handout, training kit, buffet lunch, and AM & PM snacks
This course will help the new, as well as experienced, supervisors gain valuable
knowledge and skills in the challenging role of supervision. It will introduce participants to
management concepts, tips, and techniques that will assist them in becoming successful
It is designed for personnel who are planning to move into supervision, those who have
been promoted recently, and those experienced in supervision but need a refresher.
At the end of this workshop, the participant will be able to:
1. Define the roles and responsibilities of a supervisor.
2. Describe the challenges facing a supervisor in the 21st century.
3. Apply critical management tools and people skills necessary to function
effectively in a supervisory role.
1. Expectation Setting
2. Overview: Workshop Objectives, Outline, & Methodology
3. What is Supervision?
4. The Supervisor’s Job:
a. Role & Responsibilities of a Supervisor
b. Transitioning from Employee to Supervisor
c. Challenges of a Supervisor in the 21st Century
5. Supervisory Skills Self-Assessment
II. Goal Setting & Action Planning
1. Introduction to Planning Concepts & Principles
2. Setting SMARTER Objectives
3. Creating Action Plans
4. Time Management
a. Concept of Time
b. Self- Analysis: Your Time
c. Organizing: The Key to Time Management
III. Execution of Plans
1. Definition of Execution
2. Barriers & Obstacles to Successful Execution
3. Critical Element in Execution: Delegating
IV. Designing & Implementing Controls
1. The Control Process
2. Performance Development Plan
V. People Skills
A. Communication Tools for Supervisors
1. Effective Communication
2. Your Communication Style
3. Active Listening Skills
4. Giving/Receiving Feedback
B. Motivating Your Employees
1. What is Motivation?
2. Strategies to Motivate Employees
C. Managing Diversity in the Workplace
1. Diversity Definitions & Terms
2. Dimensions of Diversity
3. Managing Diversity:
a. Valuing Diversity
b. Analyzing our Perceptions
c. Working Together Productively
1. Summary of Key Ideas
2. Commitment Planning
3. Workshop Evaluation
This workshop will include a combination of different training and learning methodologies; such as: lecturettes, use of self-diagnostic instruments, structured learning experiences/games, group discussions & presentations, role playing with critique, and case studies.